Thursday 3 June 2010

Lovely new tune from the Mynabirds 'Numbers Don't Lie'


I heard this sweet tune on the radio. I thought something along the lines of 'oh yes, lovely old soul tune... quite Motowny'. But, now, poisoned by the truth of knowledge as I am now, I know it's a new un, from a band I never heard of before, The Mynabirds. It's very good. I hope you like. 

Update: now, a couple of not particularly generous reviews on the the internet, more specifically the guardian and Pitchfork, have just told me that Mynabirds is 'just a vehicle for white-soul girl Laura Burhenn (formerly of Washington, DC indie obscurities Georgie James) to achieve her ambition to "make a record that sounds like Neil Young doing Motown"', while the latter (who graded her album 8.0 out of ten), declare that while 'the notion of the co-lead singer of Georgie James teaming up with a guy that described his last album as "Prince sitting in on John Lennon's Plastic Ono sessions" might not be the sort of crossover that sounds all that appealing', they acknowledge that 'one listen to "Numbers Don't Lie", and even the most devout skeptic could find themselves singing a different tune.' Nice of them, ne? 

Anyways, like, here's the vid.


No comments:

Post a Comment